Railroad Forums 

• Rochelle Railroad Park Gift Shop is reopen

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#269600  by EJ&ESDM809

The gift shop in Rochelle has reopened under new management. It happened to be open today when I saw UP 1995. Unfortunatly, it doesn't have near as much as it did before it was closed. It basically has model trains, and a lot of them were very high priced and new.

#270072  by dhaugh

Do they still carry old magazines? (the old place had a room in back full of old Trains, etc...)

#270257  by railohio

I'm going to guess not since they were all on consignment. If that's the case then I'll never have a reason to go back to the park.

#447771  by dhaugh

Couple questions about Rochelle in general -

When did the Milwaukee Road abandon their track into town from the south? And, is there anything left in Rochelle to serve industries? I understand there was a Carnation plant built in the 60's on the Milw, and wondered if it was still in existence.