Railroad Forums 

• roadrailer trains

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #958880  by PARailWiz

The only place I've ever seen them is during an Amtrak stopover in Pittsburgh early in the morning while switching from the Capitol Limited to the Pennsylvanian.
 #958901  by shlustig

Triple Crown has a terminal on the NS at Sandusky, Ohio.

RoadRailer trains run east via Cleveland and south via Bellevue.
 #959086  by wurlitzer153

East of Cleveland, the roadrailers take the PRR route through Alliance and Pittsburgh. They haven't run the lakeshore route regularly since the Conrail days.

A few years ago, in the aftermath of a wreck in the Beaver valley, NS detoured roadrailers up the NKP to Ashtabula and down the Youngstown Line. Here's one of those detour trains, southbound at US 322:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhcVsm1SOaQ
 #985212  by spRocket

A few weeks ago, I saw one rolling through Logansport, IN. on the old Wabash route. I'm not sure where it would have ultimately gone, but I'd guess Decatur, IL or beyond.
 #985800  by Dewoc19

we have a pretty big Triple Crown section in the Calumet Yard in IL, we take one train to UP's Proviso Global 2 Yard and one train goes out East somewhere