• River Line Sightings Today Tuesday 16 November 2004

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by David Hutchinson

Saw a very dirty new paint scheme CSX SD-45-2 number 8974 heading north today at 1:40 PM. Other units with it and it looked like a transfer going to North Bergan.

Also saw GE widecab Canadian Pacific 8655, with the newer large gold oval logo, on an eastbound at 1:47 PM, as a trailing unit.

by sullivan1985

Thats cool... never saw Canadian Pacific in New Jersey. The only time I ever saw Candian Pacific in person was while I was on the 614 and we where waiting for a train with all CP units to come out of Ottisville Tunnel.

by njt5140

sullivan1985 wrote:Thats cool... never saw Canadian Pacific in New Jersey.
Come down on the Lehigh Line some time then to catch the Tri-weekly(M,W,F) CP 166 and 167 that run between Toronto and Oak Island. The 166 comes in anywhere between 2 AM and 7 AM, then turns to the 167 and leaves OI anywhere between 6:30 PM and 9 PM. I don't know how much longer it'll run since NS is supposed to take control of the old D&H operations. It usually runs with three or four SD40-2's.

by OCtrainguy

Glad to see some CSX SD45-2s still in New Jersey. I know I have seen the 8976 & 8973, but don't remember the 8974. Railpace usually has a photo or two of foreign power on the River Line. What's ironic is that the one day I headed up there, all I saw were CSX units. A widecab CP unit would be cool.

I did see the CP train into Oak Island on the Lehigh Line back in February. It had SD40-2s as power. Here's a link to the gallery from that day on my website: http://octrainguy.com/LehighLine-feb04.html

By the way, Stewie rules!!