Railroad Forums 

• RIP James Wrinn, Editor, Trains Magazine, 1961-2022

• For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.
For topics on Class I and II passenger and freight operations more general in nature and not specifically related to a specific railroad with its own forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1594692  by John_Perkowski

Friends,

Jim Wrinn, Editor of Trains Magazine and husband of Cate Kratville Wrinn, passed this life today, March 30, 2022. If you want Jim’s final post on Facebook, it’s contained in a post from Cate to her friends.

He was a tireless advocate of the industry, the hobby, and appropriate preservation. Many will miss him, myself included.

This will be global for a week, then go to to General Class I and II Discussion.

Link: Jim Wrinn’s obituary at Trains Magazine
 #1596984  by Gilbert B Norman

June TRAINS properly and respectfully eugulizies Mr. Wrinn.

Apparently, he had stepped down prior to his passing as the From the Editor piece was written by him extolling "the great ride".

As of the issue, he remains on the masthead.

Finally, his given name is shown as James G. Wrinn. One more point; his surviving spouse is noted as Cate Kratville-Wrinn. I must wonder if she is any relationship to William Kratville - a '70's era "celebrity railfan".