Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1616081  by NIMBYkiller

Got word last night that Chris Soundy, former operator at PD Tower and who used to post here, has passed away. I have a lot of great memories of hanging out with him, watching and learning. RIP my friend, thank you for the great times!
 #1616103  by MACTRAXX

Jared - From a search of the LIRR Forum Archives CS was "Fla East Coast Chris"
Join date - March 15, 2004; Last Post - December 28, 2014; RR.Net Total Posts 422 (347 at the LIRR Forum)
He mentioned his location as "Only the Phantom Knows..." R.I.P.

For the record PD Tower was torn down on August 22, 2006 - 16 years and six months ago - Time does fly by...

A question that I have noting that you both joined around the revival time of this incarnation of Railroad.Net:
Were you a member of the earlier version of RR.Net that was brought down by hackers in late 2003/early 2004?

I never joined up back then not having email or for that matter personal internet access - and wonder about
how many members that site had in those days remembering that the LIRR Forum was an active section when
I got the occasional chance to look at those posts...I joined 2/7/2005 - 18 years ago this month to stay...
Good to see over these 19 years how much Railroad.Net and the various Forums have grown...
A sad note to the passing of an original LIRR Forum member...MACTRAXX
 #1616127  by NIMBYkiller

Yup, that was him! And yes, I was a participant in the previous iteration of this forum, minus a brief period where I was banned by Otto. It was far more active in the past, but I still recognize a few names here
 #1616129  by Head-end View

MACTRAXX: I joined the old Railroad.net back in the year 2000. Back then I think there were more operating employees on it who shared a lot of good technical info with those of us who were interested. :-)