Railroad Forums 

• Ringling Bros 2017

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1430641  by LINYARailfan

So if the circus train runs ahead of schedule it could arrive in Garden City in the overnight hours of tonight or tomorrow in the late morning early afternoon? Please keep me updated. Thanks
 #1430743  by DogBert

Going to be interesting to see how they get this through NY Penn considering track conditions. Press will have a field day if it hits the ground.
 #1430773  by Backshophoss

Since this is a "straight line" move thru Penn station just slower, 10 mph or 5 mph. :wink:
 #1430796  by dgvrengineer

Train left Roanoke on time but broke down soon after. Watched it go thru Front Royal at 6:30pm 5 hours late. NS heritage loco Virginian was the 5th loco.
 #1430843  by DogBert

LINYARailfan wrote:So if the circus train runs ahead of schedule it could arrive in Garden City in the overnight hours of tonight or tomorrow in the late morning early afternoon? Please keep me updated. Thanks
No sign of it at Harold yet. Assuming it's still coming through today, my guess is it will be -1/+1hr of that schedule. They'll wait until after rush hour to bring it through the tunnel so they can get all those NJT trains into sunnyside. This is of course assuming it didn't happen late at night already, which I'm doubting if they were delayed.

I'll look for it again later since I'm near Harold, but I might not get to post an update.
 #1430867  by LINYARailfan

Waiting at Clinton Road. Whats the latest update on the circus train? Has it gone through Penn Station yet? Thanks
 #1430879  by DogBert

Unless it snuck by while I was away, nothing through Harold this morning. No LIRR power lingering around at Harold waiting. If it's not out there already, it's late, very late.
 #1431694  by dgvrengineer

Trains Magazine had a story online(see link below) about the Red unit heading to Florida with 5 passenger cars and 19 flat cars. The rest of the passenger cars were left in Oak Island yard to be dispersed to the new owners. I had no idea that that many cars were sold. Does anyone have a list of who bought them or where they are headed?

http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/20 ... isposition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1432130  by CLamb

Any idea of the schedule or route of the train returning from Long Island?
 #1432131  by Backshophoss

Return route to home will be west on the Garden Secondary,then west on the Hempstead Branch to Queens tower,then west thru
Jamaica to Harold tower and hand off to Amtrak for the run thru Penn station and homeward bound to Florida.
The unknown is if there's an Drop off of passenger cars at Oak Island,or the entire train heads home complete.
 #1432242  by CPSK

Any idea on a time for that run? If it's daylight, I might go to Secaucus and get one last look at it.
 #1432258  by CLamb

I'm guessing then Amtrak to Conrail to Norfolk Southern but whence then?
 #1432261  by Backshophoss

LIRR,Amtrak,CSX if there are passenger cars to be dropped at Oak Island,then CSX all the way home