A few recent Rigby observations from 10-08-2022:
1. The big Pan Am Railways sign on the side of the yard office has finally been taken down.
2. Two or three office trailers have been placed in the parking lot.
3. It looks like CSX is gutting the inside of the yard office. Several of the windows were boarded up, and there were big plastic chutes from the top floor that empty into dumpsters below — the kind of setup you see when a building is having a major interior renovation and/or a mold/lead/asbestos remediation.
4. All of the ST-owned and ST-leased hi-rail vehicles are gone, replaced by CSX-owned and CSX-leased hi-rail vehicles — hi-rail pickup trucks, hi-rail dump trucks, hi-rail bucket trucks, and more.
5. A crew of about 10-12 workers was working near Tower PT but I couldn't see what they were doing.
6. Many yard tracks have been removed, as has already been discussed in either the CSX track upgrades thread or the CSX takeover thread (I can't recall which).
7. The ancient MEC Jordan Spreader is still behind the yard office. (I wonder if it'll stay or if CSX will get rid of it.) Two white Guilford boxcars are still behind the office, too.
8. An LTEX (ex-CP) GP9R, still in CP red paint, was parked in front of the yard office.
Pan Am Railways — Boston & Maine/Maine Central — Delaware & Hudson
Central Maine & Quebec/Montreal, Maine & Atlantic/Bangor & Aroostook
Providence & Worcester — New England — GE Locomotives