• Rigby Yard — Activity, Sightings, and General Discussion

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by newpylong

Oh okay. When the tower at Deerfield was closed they moved the controls to the East End yard office and they remained active for some time.
  by Bulkheadflat

Watched a solid line of at least 30-40 Csxt gondolas in a row rolling out of the storage area on the west side of Rigby the other day, wonder what that's all about ?
  by Bulkheadflat

Over the past year or so I've been noticing a different type of open top highside hoppers coming thru Rigby. I'd seen them in large numbers around NYC and Long Island, as well as around the Boston region, where I believe they carry C&D waste, but never up here previously. They are usually black or grey, and generally have REGX, FWTX, WCTX and a few other reporting marks. They often arrive in groups of 6-12 in a row. I wonder if they are being set at a customer in Maine, or are some type of bridge traffic?
  by MEC407

Suspicious item(s) found attached to railcar at Rigby Yard; South Portland Police and Fire called in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_-7jupWLsw