Railroad Forums 

• Richard (Dick) Sanbourn

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#245558  by ErieAtlantic7597

The late Richard (Dick) Sanbourn, CEO of Seaboard Systems. I had the pleasure of meeting him very shortly before he passed away. If my memory serves me right, he was an HO model railroader along with being the head man of a rail system. And a real gentlman.

Take care,

Bruce
Last edited by ErieAtlantic7597 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#265446  by mxdata

The late Bruce Meyer, one of the chief architects of modern locomotive wheelslip control technology. His distinguished career at EMD spanned 40 years and he was well known as a railroad enthusiast, an authority on steam locomotives, an excellent photographer, and a model railroader. He contributed a large library of drawings of locomotive paint schemes to the NMRA, they are preserved in a library collection that bears his name.