• Results from postings?

• Railroad items for sale and wanted. Oldest listings will be periodically deleted. BUYER BEWARE: RAILROAD.NET is not responsible for any private or public transactions between members, and will not vouch for the validity of any materials described herein.
Railroad items for sale and wanted. Oldest listings will be periodically deleted. BUYER BEWARE: RAILROAD.NET is not responsible for any private or public transactions between members, and will not vouch for the validity of any materials described herein.
  by BAR

I have some railroad books and other items for sale. This site would seem an ideal place to offer them but I don't see much (if any) activity. Any comments on why?

Are there are any other sites to sell railroad materials other than Ebay. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill O'Connell
Williamsburg, VA
  by NaugyRR

I had some fair success from selling my unused N, O, and HO trains on eBay. I made enough to cover the cost of the HO Rapido trains I have on pre-order. Stocking up on the flat rate boxes from the post office helps with shipping (I charged a buck or two above what the boxes cost to ship to recover gas/packing material). eBay does take a bite for selling fees though.

Other than eBay, you could try posting here. Maybe start with a couple of items, or post a list and request members PM you for photos/details. You might also want to look into doing a booth at a local train show, or flea market. Some model train shops will sell consignment as well.
  by BAR

Thanks for the advice.

I rode the Harlem a couple of years ago from Wassaic to GCT to get some new miles. Friendly conductors south and north bound the day I travelled.

Bill O'Connell
Williamsburg, NY