Railroad Forums 

• replacing RS11

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#10190  by TRR12

Anyone have any idea when the replacement engine will arrive in Lockport? Thanks

TRR12

#21041  by alcodoc

The DL 334 should be there now.

Alcodoc

#21524  by NS59

What did I miss? A C420 is in Lockport now? will this by their primary power or is the other RS being used out on the line?

Thanks,

Dave

#21536  by metman499

The 334 will be the power. The RS-11 is coming to the DL and will be used out of Scranton for the forseeable future. A plus is it has dynamic brak es while the C-420 doesn't.

#22061  by NS59

Any idea on what date they will swap out the power?

#22728  by super7cr

FRRR 1804 was on lease to Somerset RR. They swapped it out with FRRR 1802 last Friday.

I shot the DL 334 and the FRRR 1802 going up to the power plant over the Somerset Bridge.

I assume that the FRRR 1804 is going down to the DL now.

The Normal GE Centercab that the Somerset RR owns is rebuilt by GE at Erie.

LWI

#22849  by NS59

You gotta be kidding!?!? Is it April 1? A set of Alcos up to Somerset? I take it they were running light and the 334 was just a way back for the crew after the 1802 was drooped off? I live about 5 miles from the bridge, would ya mind given me a heads up on the trains if possible?

Thanks,

Dave

#22937  by super7cr

No Joke.

It'll have to happen again when the 1802 comes back to Lockport.

Not sure how long the centercab will take to be rebuilt by GE.

The engines were lite going up there, and lite coming back down.

LI

#23043  by NS59

I got a connection at the plant that might be able to give me a heads up on the center cab returning, so if either of us gets news how about we give eachother a heads up! Would love to see your shots of the Alcos on the bridge if you could postem'

Thanks,

Dave
 #23217  by med-train

The 334 sure is a beautiful power unit; however, it may be hard to get used to the red color.

It went into passenger service this morning pulling 3 of the WNYRHS Budds for the Medina Railroad Museum. About 100 kids and adults road the train from Lockport to see the Museum and returned at about 2:00pm in Lockport.

One minor problem, the horn is a bit load.

We look forward to using her throughout the Summer and Fall.

The 1804 made the usual Monday freight run to Brockport and returned about 2:30 with about 10 cars. (Monday's scheduled run ran on Tue. because of the holiday.)

#23359  by NS59

When are your next trips? Will the 334 power them?

Thanks
 #23420  by med-train

The next trips are this Sat. & Sun. June 5 & 6. The plan is to use the 334 unless something unusual comes up.

If anyone is interested, boarding in Medina is at 11:00 and 2:00 as well as in Lockport at the Michigan St yard at 12:00.
The excursion fare is $17 for adults and $13 for ages 3 through 15, under three go free. This is a circus theme with clowns, jugglers and face painting at the Museum. Fare includes museum admission. We open at 9:30 on excursion days. We take reservations at 585 798-6106; however, there at plenty of seats at this time. The address is 530 West Ave., Medina, NY.

#24234  by NS59

Was there a prob with the 334 today, as of 1830 it had still not reyurned to the Lockport engine house?

Dave

#24680  by med-train

:D No problem with the 334 on Saturday. She just laid over in Medina to cut the work time on Sun. for the excursion train rides.

There will be Rail Fan day excursions on July 17th. Railroad clubs and societies are invited. There will be a couple of raffles for an opportunity to ride oneway in the cab. That is 17 miles. We expect to have 4 winners throughout the day. Medina departure times will be 11:00 and 2:00 with a Lockport pickup and departure at 12:00 noon.

#25051  by NS59

Will there be a night photo session or a photo runby???? Some night shots in in front of the depot would be nice!

Dave