Railroad Forums 

• Remember this locomotive test? FL9s on the NYC

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1285284  by Tommy Meehan

They do have a copy service. They call it "Document Delivery" and you can even order documents on-line. Link
Document Delivery
NYPL's Interlibrary and Document Services can make paper copies or PDFs for research or personal use...You may order copies of materials from the Library's collections for research or personal use. If you are a first-time user, please see our fee schedule for information about fees and turnaround times, and then register as a new user to enter your order via our online form.
If anyone is seriously interested in this subject I would also recommend reading Jameson Doig's book, "Metropolitan Transportation Politics and the New York Region," published in 1966. There were many people, agencies, organizations and competing agendas involved in trying to find ways to preserve and improve rail commuter service in the New York Metropolitan Area in this era, the late 1950s through the mid-1960s. Doig's book does the best job of describing all of it of any book I've read on the subject, at least in the New York City area. The book is available at the New York Public Library (call no. E-12 6700) but as a reference book meaning you have to read it in the library (or make copies). I bought a copy through Amazon but it does not seem to be available at the moment.