Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

#585687  by Otto Vondrak

jfaliveno wrote:There is a D&H up at North Creek. http://www.uhrr.com/
There must be an echo in here!!
Otto Vondrak wrote:D&H 5017 on Delaware & Ulster Rail Ride

D&H 5019 on the Upper Hudson River Railroad: http://railroad.net/articles/railfanning/lirr

-otto-

Re:

#600346  by scottychaos

scottychaos wrote:
uhaul wrote: There is an ALCo in Bicentennial paint. This unit was owned by Tioga Central in Tioga County New York, but after the railroad was sold last year I am not sure if it is still there.
[/color]
almost! but you have two bits messed up..
it was the Tioga Scenic in NY, not the Tioga Central.

And the D&H bicentennial unit hasnt been in Tioga County, NY (Owego) in many years..10 years at least, probably more like 15.

Its actually in Tioga County, PA, on the Tioga Central.

Tioga Scenic was in Tioga County, NY (Owego, NY)
has been defunct for many years.

Tioga Central is in Tioga County, PA, (north of Wellsboro)
and was sold last year.

both operations were related at one time, but again, thats 10-15 years past.

and ironically, the Tioga Central has always been much more scenic than the Tioga Scenic! ;) they should have swapped names..
its not terribly scenic north of Owego..but the Tioga Central has those great reservoir views..

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 14&nseq=10

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 92&nseq=13

Scot

Ok..I had part of that messed up too! ;)

the D&H bicentennial unit never belonged to the Tioga Scenic..only the Tioga Central..
but the Tioga Central existed in Both Owego & Wellsboro!
the Tioga Scenic only in Owego..

The original Tioga Central operated in Owego, NY 1987-1992.
Tioga Central left Owego in 1992, and started up in Wellsboro, PA in 1994.
All the current Tioga Central Alcos in Wellsboro also once belonged to the Tioga Central in Owego.

The Tioga Central ran both freight and passenger excursions in Owego.

So the D&H unit (and all the current Wellsboro Alcos) belonged to the Tioga Central in both Owego & Wellsboro.
but never belonged to the Tioga Scenic in Owego.

The Tioga SCENIC started up in Owego in 1992 and ran excursion trains until 2005.
the Owego & Harford started up freight operations in Owego in 1992, and is still operating.

Tioga Central (passenger excursions only) in Wellsboro,
and the Wellsboro & Corning (freight only) were both sold in 2007, and bought by the same company,
they now share a common ownership.

Tioga Central in Owego & Wellsboro were the same group, same locomotives, same cars..two locations.
Tioga Scenic in Owego was not actually related to the Tioga Central...different railroad and ownership.

confusing! :wink:
but im pretty confidant that is all correct now..

Scot
 #606602  by lvrr325

Kinda says that a few posts up, too. TC from Tioga County NY to Tioga County PA. New operators there ran some excursion trains, rode one in 1992. They were the same outfit that had been running the former DL&W and D&H out of Scranton, brought up an RS18. Then lost the Scranton ops to GVT, who has the D&H painted RS3s there. Plus sold the RS18 they had, to GVT. RS3M is still in D&H paint.

I'm suspecting the one PA that's destined for the Smithsonian is still in D&H paint, too, although it's just a shell with no side panels, so maybe it doesn't count.

Has CSX finally painted all of the GP39-2s? At least one was still Reading green into the late 1990s, and I've seen photos of the others down in Florida in D&H paint. Not sure what the A&M has in storage yet, too, if any of the C420s remain in a D&H scheme.

Also, the two sharks, stored out of sight up in Michigan, are so far as I know still in their D&H blue and silver paint. Hard to say, since the builders plates got stolen, pretty much no one is allowed to see them.

The only other possibility for D&H paint is the C424m's that the LA&L got from Guilford. At least one of those was still blue when the D&H and Guilford played hot potato with them in the early 1990s.
 #606769  by scottychaos

lvrr325 wrote:
I'm suspecting the one PA that's destined for the Smithsonian is still in D&H paint, too, although it's just a shell with no side panels, so maybe it doesn't count.

Has CSX finally painted all of the GP39-2s? At least one was still Reading green into the late 1990s, and I've seen photos of the others down in Florida in D&H paint. Not sure what the A&M has in storage yet, too, if any of the C420s remain in a D&H scheme.

Also, the two sharks, stored out of sight up in Michigan, are so far as I know still in their D&H blue and silver paint. Hard to say, since the builders plates got stolen, pretty much no one is allowed to see them.

The only other possibility for D&H paint is the C424m's that the LA&L got from Guilford. At least one of those was still blue when the D&H and Guilford played hot potato with them in the early 1990s.
Yes, the PA destined for the Smithsonian is still in D&H paint..was never repainted in Mexico.

Not sure about any CSX GP39-2's in D&H paint..seems unlikely.

A&M has no C420's still in D&H paint, all have been repainted.

yes, both Sharks are still wearing D&H paint.

No D&H C424m's are still in D&H or Guilford paint on the LAL..all repainted into LAL black & yellow.

Scot
 #609513  by Bob Sandusky

7303 has been working Kenwood Yard most of the last two weeks (saw her there yesterday morning) and while scuffed up a bit the scheme still looks pretty good.

Bob Sandusky
Esperance, NY