Railroad Forums 

• Reefers in Walpole yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1295458  by Rebel1

hi all new to the forum, please forgive me if i don't have all the railroad lingo down but I will try my best. I live in the Walpole ma area and drive by the Walpole yard alot, have noticed union pacific chilled express reefers in the yard for the past year or maybe not that long but anyway anybody know where the cars are going? I have explored the Franklin branch legally by the way and have no idea where this customer would be, the customers I know of are Garelic farms, blue linx and the glass co. in Milford. anybody out there know anything about where this customer would be?, thank you
 #1295900  by deathtopumpkins

No idea if they come up from Walpole, but the produce market in Everett/Chelsea (off the Newburyport/Rockport line) receives reefers regularly from CSX, usually UP ones. That might be them.
 #1295952  by F-line to Dudley via Park

deathtopumpkins wrote:No idea if they come up from Walpole, but the produce market in Everett/Chelsea (off the Newburyport/Rockport line) receives reefers regularly from CSX, usually UP ones. That might be them.
CSX's Everett job runs from Framingham to Beacon Park, then over the Grand Junction to the northside. Wouldn't be that one.
 #1296291  by fogg1703

A few possibilities:

These customers do/have received reefers and would be served by a Walpole area local:
List Logitsics (Old Stop & Shop Warehouse) Readville
Foxboro Terminals Foxboro
Advanced Warehouse Mansfield
Tighe Mansfield

Other reefer customers in SE Mass
Agar Supply Taunton
Maritime International New Bedford on MC
 #1296364  by railman616

The Reefers are frozen fish for AmeriCold at South Hampton Yard in Boston. We run down to Boston twice a week to service this customer.
 #1296415  by Rebel1

Thanks for the info. got a question though, why would these cars be in the Walpole yard and not the Readville yard? just asking
 #1296423  by F-line to Dudley via Park

railman616 wrote:The Reefers are frozen fish for AmeriCold at South Hampton Yard in Boston. We run down to Boston twice a week to service this customer.
Ah...so that would be the overnight job down the Fairmount Line to Boston Food Market.
 #1301502  by CSX Conductor

Btw, Garelick Farms does not ship by rail. They only receive covered hoppers of plastic pellets for making their plastic bottles.