Railroad Forums 

• Reading, PA info

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#11656  by Rooneth3808

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for information on tracks and industries served in and around the city of Reading, as part of a project to create Norfolk Soutern's Reading Line for Auran's Trainz software.

I'm semi-familiar with the area, and know all the mainlines, control points, and the layout of Spring Street yard. What i'm looking for is specific information on what industrial tracks are still in use, and what industries are still around and served.

A couple specific questions:
1) Where is ICI Paints (Glidden) located?
2) Is Carpenter Technologies (Cartech) still in operation?
3) Are there any sidings or industries off of the Belt Line between CP Belt and CP Tulp? (to Cartech?)

Besides that, any general information you know about the area would be greatly appreciated. (i could also use some information on the Evansville IT).

I've already done a detailed project for Trainz of Allentown yard in Allentown, and the surrounding Lehigh Valley area.
Here are a few pictures some of you may recognize:

West end of Allentown yard looking east. Yard office is on the left.

CP 88 in Bethlehem looking west. Bethlehem Union Station, and St. Lukes Hospital are in the background.

Hope you like the pictures, and i really appreciate any help you can offer. If you are interested in hearing more of my projects, or the Trainz software, please ask.

~Roon