Railroad Forums 

• Reading FP-7s on loan to Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#490295  by Franklin Gowen

Nick, would you happen to know why they are there? I had thought that they were going to the RCT&HS' new museum complex at South Hamburg. I find this move intriguing, but likewise baffling.

#490315  by metman499

I think their eventual home will be in South Hamburg. This is the third time to my knowledge that they have called Strasburg home. The museum does have an annual Reading Event where Reading Tech is represented. Might have something to do with that, might not. I am not really sure. I am also not sure how much storage space they have a Hamburg and this may be a good way to exhibit them until such time as there is room at Hamburg/ fantrip opportunities. But this is all speculation on my part.

#490690  by glennk419

Are they being stored on the Strasburg RR or are they actually at the museum? Either way, they should be in safe confines with all the activity and watchful eyes out there. I guess we never did find the horns?

#490700  by metman499

At the RRMPA along 741 on the fence.

#491495  by scotty269

http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/214951
STRASBURG, Pa. - The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania in Strasburg has twins: two 58-year-old Diesel locomotives weighing in at 255,000 pounds each.

The new arrivals were brought to the museum Wednesday via the main line at Paradise and the tracks of the Strasburg Rail Road.

Dubbed the 902 and the 903, the locomotives are owned by the Reading Company Technical and Historical Society and the Philadelphia Chapter of the National Railroad Historical Society, respectively.

They will be on display at the state museum for at least a year and maybe longer.

"We're very happy to have them and protect them for as long as they're here," David Dunn, the museum's director, said.

GG1

#493126  by amtrakhogger

I know this is a RDG post but what # is that G? Is it the 4935 or the
4800?
 #493128  by amtrakhogger

Thanks.