Railroad Forums 

• Reading & Northern interchange

• The Reading Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad (reporting mark RBMN) (a.k.a. Reading and Northern Railroad) is a regional railroad operating in eastern Pennsylvania. Website: http://www.rbmnrr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Reading Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad (reporting mark RBMN) (a.k.a. Reading and Northern Railroad) is a regional railroad operating in eastern Pennsylvania. Website: http://www.rbmnrr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#17227  by metman499

They drop off cars for NS at Lehighton. Caught some SD-50s there that were being leased that were formerly stored at Coxton. I believe that NS picks up cars from Mehoopany but doesnt bring any loads. The other interchange is left at Penobscott as far as I know.

#17438  by RR_Fan

The R&N PILE brings the loads East to Lehighton from the R&N Lehigh Line Customers. The NS 31T comes out of Allentown with cars and drops them off at Penobscot Yard. I am not sure if the interchange deal is setup at Mehoopany yet but I heard that they want to interchange up there instead. And this is pretty much what Nick said. :wink: :D

Take Care.
Jeff

#17601  by LV270

NS-interchange @ Mehoopany is mostly salt cars for a salt supplier located in Coxton yard.
PILE takes mostly empties to Lehighton for NS to pick-up for Allentown
NS leaves loaded cars at Penobscot for Lehigh line traffic along with cars for P&G at Mehoopany

#234508  by Lehighrrgreg

The NS interchange at Mehoopany is almost 100% CP boxcars for Charmin. Salt is very rare but does trickle down occasionally. The ones NS brings in come down from Canada and I believe RBMN brings some up from the south somewhere. Anything else NS takes to Mehoopany or brings back is rare or a one time deal (repainted engines for FGLK coming from RMDI). The yard is owned by NS all the way to the east end YL point but at the mid point of the yard, access has to be granted by RBMN.