Railroad Forums 

• Re: Haverhill/Bradford "Rule 261" Project!

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#303335  by GP40MC 1116

Rockingham Racer wrote:Anything to report on this project?
I havn't seen/heard anything on that, And nothing new on Frost, that I know of, I was going through that area on MBCR 231 last night and never say anything

#304718  by b&m 1566

Okay this is slightly off the topic but still co-insides with the topic itself in a small way; so instead of starting a new thread I’ll just ask it on here.
I was looking at some pictures on NErail and noticed this picture http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... on_&_Maine As you can see by the caption the picture was taking in Plaistow, NH (looks to be were the old station is). What caught my attention is one of the tracks is clearly out of service but isn't the line today doubled tracked in Plaistow or is it still singled tracked? It's been a while since I was last in Plaistow and never really paid to close attention to the tracks themselves but could have sworn there were two tracks and not one.
 #304726  by GP40MC1118

Double to single track...known as CPF-273...

D

#304962  by Rockingham Racer

The single track begins just behind the photographer's vantage point today. The railroad must not have removed the rails from Rte. 121, I think it is [Main St.]