Railroad Forums 

• RCTHS Excursions?

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#429947  by RS-3

From the RCTHS site and listed as "updated":

"NOTE: PASSENGER TRAIN OPERATIONS FOR 2007 ARE IN THE PLANNING STAGE AND WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT A FUTURE DATE!"

"The Reading Company Technical & Historical Society invites you to relive the days of the Reading Railroad, .....snippage .. Travel along the former Pennsylvania Railroad Schuylkill Valley branch line through the scenic countryside of northern-central Berks County, PA."

"PLEASE NOTE: All trains depart from TEMPLE STATION on Tuckerton Road."

My question is are this trips running? Given the summer tourist season is winding down, and if not, are they going to run? This fall maybe? If not could the web site give us a hint one way or the other? It would be nice to know so I could plan ahead. (Vacation is coming but I'm not going to drive 100 miles out of the way not knowing.)

Thanks,

RS