Railroad Forums 

• RCT&HS equipment at Leesport, 2006

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

#313971  by glennk419

Slowly but surely it will all come back to life. Thanks for the picture, love your avatar as well.

WE ARE!!!!!!!!

#314101  by Franklin Gowen

Mr. Thomas:

It's good to see that assortment of RDG equipment. Thanks for posting the latest from Leesport. I hope that the R&N RR can repair that sinking bridge at Maiden Creek, so that RCT&HS excursions may resume along the whole length of the "Pennsy" side.

I also enjoy the logo in your avatar, but the avatar itself is **waaaay** too big. 300 pixels by 200 pixels is overkill. Please check the guidelines in your user control panel - Otto & co. would like us to keep it to 80 x 80 pixels. A little over that may not be a problem, but nearly quadruple the official width makes for a big distraction when reading text.

If you can open your avatar file in an image-editing program, select only the logo, delete all the "white space" and then shrink the logo a bit, you'll be on the right track. Thanks in advance for your cooperation...and may the Nittany Lions continue to roar!

#336835  by mitch kennedy

Reminds me of seeing all that Pennsy steam from Northumberland sitting on the Strasburg in the early 70's-and look how beautiful they are now at the State Museum across the street! There's always hope!

#337090  by Franklin Gowen

Thanks for this interesting picture. I enjoyed seeing 863 and 900 together...part of Reading's diesel and electric backbone of passenger service for so long. Too bad an RDC couldn't have been squeezed in the photo as well! :-D