Railroad Forums 

• Rare Mileage Caboose trip on the D&R Branch

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#126818  by 7 Train

The $5 caboose hop...can that be paid with cash on board? Where will that go?

#136310  by 7 Train

I was on the 10:30 caboose run today. We left Suusex Street in Dover and ran to D&R Junction in Wharton and back.

#136344  by njt4172

7 Train wrote:I was on the 10:30 caboose run today. We left Suusex Street in Dover and ran to D&R Junction in Wharton and back.

I was on the 2PM rare mileage trip!!! I was really satisfied with all the photo stops and the fact that they went all the way to the end of the line in Rockaway Township.....Trip in my opinion was very well organized! He had the Alco C424 #18 on the west end which pulled 5 vintage cabooses. From west to east they were the M&E 4 ex NYSW, Erie Red (forgot #), PRR porthole cabin #477823, D&H wooden #35886, and the beloved DL&W #896. Anyone else on the list take this train???

Steve

#136397  by denvillerailfan

njt4172 wrote:
7 Train wrote:I was on the 10:30 caboose run today. We left Suusex Street in Dover and ran to D&R Junction in Wharton and back.

I was on the 2PM rare mileage trip!!! I was really satisfied with all the photo stops and the fact that they went all the way to the end of the line in Rockaway Township.....Trip in my opinion was very well organized! He had the Alco C424 #18 on the west end which pulled 5 vintage cabooses. From west to east they were the M&E 4 ex NYSW, Erie Red (forgot #), PRR porthole cabin #477823, D&H wooden #35886, and the beloved DL&W #896. Anyone else on the list take this train???

Steve

7 Train-
How was the turnout? Was is as packed as the 2pm? Would have been nice to get some pics down there too, but I didn't get out until later.

njt4172-
That would be Erie C177

I never got tickets... (wasn't sure if I would be around), got a lot of pics though...I will post some later.

Which one were you on? If you were in a window I probably got you in a pic.

What was with the "tree" blocking the line? Was that legit or staged? Looked like they cleared that awfully easy...

Looked like a fun trip.

Was the #20 around at all? I saw it in Morristown on Saturday w/ everything else behind it. Did they use it to run everything down to Dover?
Wish I'd been able to catch them through Denville...