Railroad Forums 

• Rapido Amtrak F40's

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1305111  by Backshophoss

The fine details include "Getto Grates",a needed evil back then,wonder if Rapido will offer them
as seperate parts for the MBTA version?
 #1312448  by cnj1524

I recieved a rapido VIA f40,I dont model this road but I can say WOW,very impressed and when the Amtrak
ones come out everybody will be selling there current power on ebay(overpriced as usual)by far a great model
and hands down to rapido & for the FL9,They got it right.So once again time to clear inventory before they
come out,I began cad drawings of some unique f40s based on rapido shell and to fit rapido drivetrain,not many
pics out there of these units(amtrak 202)which looks like an F40PH-2 Cat and moving foward with the commuter
GP40s on drawings to fit custom frame(or athearn when they release the GP40P-2)With a great based product these
will finally become real