Railroad Forums 

• Railtours-Inc

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#152554  by 56-57

Hi all,

Just a few words here about RailTours. We're still around. All of those green coaches in Jim Thorpe, yeah, they still belong to us. We still own the CP 4-6-0 #1098, and SC #11. And we've still got the U30B there too.

Though we were replaced at the start of this year, we've still got work going on, on both coaches and locomotives. A few weeks ago one of our Reading cars, #1543, was sprayed with graffiti. Within three days the graffiti was taken care of, and we've since repainted that car, 99% complete!!

Next time you're in Thorpe, don't forget to stop by and see how we're doing. For the most part, we've got a hardcore group that shows up on weekends. And we're doing alright.

Thanks,

Micah

#172437  by OCtrainguy

I'll be in Jim Thorpe in a few weeks. Is all the Rail-Tours equipment still there? I would love to get some more photos of the CNJ F3 and RS3 units!

#172441  by metman499

Yeah, all of George Hart's stuff is still there, but moved down towards the turntable area. It was kinda weird going there and not seeing the cabooses by the station the first time I went there after the R&N takeover.

#172479  by sallenparks

this might be dumb but i'll ask it is the CNJ F3's still an A-B-A set or is the B unit gone.

Hi

#172481  by thebigham

Great photos!

Thanks.

Do you have a list of equipment that you own?

Is any of it for sale?

Chris

#172520  by metman499

I believe the B is still on the SRRNJ and needs work of some sort.

#172523  by sallenparks

Hey thanks for the info, My dad and I where wondering about the B unit for sometime I just could find any info thanks again.

#172672  by RDG467

The B-unit needs control wiring work and at least one new wheelset.

We (the ARHS) have been waiting to get it to Bridgeton, NJ, for the wheel work. The SRNJ recently repaired the bridge on the direct (read cheaper shipping cost) route, but we now need to fit into the W&W shop's schedule before we can move the B-unit.

#172705  by OCtrainguy

This photo of the B unit is from August 2001 on the SRNJ property in Winslow. I've seen it several times I've been down there, but there's usually something in front of it.

http://octrainguy.com/winslow07.jpg

#172711  by sallenparks

Hey thanks one more ? is the B unit an EX. F7B made to look like an F3 thanks again.

#172827  by ELSDP45

The B unit is the last B&M F7B, now made to look like an F3 with the chicken wire.

#178709  by 56-57

to thebigham,

our website is still up with a list of what we own in jim thorpe... it only covers revenue equipment, i.e. the coaches and our locomotives...

www.railtours-inc.com

the F3's belong to the ARHS, along with the CNJ RS3. and most of the cabooses are privately owned. the caboose-owners are locked out as well, only able to access by foot what they own...

that aside, we own a CNJ 40 foot boxcar, #23514, and a D&H (nee-Reading) 50 footer. i don't recall the number offhand.

if you check the musem and tourist lines forum, there's a bit more said about what's happening with us. hope this can help answer your questions...

micah

#178845  by chuchubob

OCtrainguy wrote:This photo of the B unit is from August 2001 on the SRNJ property in Winslow. I've seen it several times I've been down there, but there's usually something in front of it.

http://octrainguy.com/winslow07.jpg
That's the day we first met. Here's my photo of the B unit.

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?200 ... 510437.jpg

[aside] The web host of the Gallery site where I previously uploaded all my photos, such as those linked in a previous message, is modernizing his site, and my photos are unavailable until around Thanksgiving.

Bob