Railroad Forums 

• Railroad Songs

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1551153  by MaineCoonCat

sjl wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:37 pm this seems a good place to mention Gordon Lightfoot. Although many of his popular songs are ballads or are about the sea, he has numerous railroad songs to his credit, the best known of which may be "Canadioan Railroad Trilogy".
Came across this last night..
...................https://youtu.be/PXzauTuRG78
 #1551164  by Marty Feldner

Have that album, since it came out. I saw him do "Canadian Railroad Trilogy" live, at a fairly small college venue in the early 70's; I'm a sucker for 12-strings, and he was literally drenched in sweat when the song ended.
 #1551929  by STrRedWolf

I'm a bit chuffed at this. While my novel ("Throng: Going Station to Station") is on a storage track due to the pandemic, one of the songs there is now out!

Train 125
Drums/Keyboard: Hayden
Synth: Norse
Vocals: Yukon

(IRL lyrics, melody/backing track, mastering by TigerTen, vocals by Hanazawa)