Railroad Forums 

• RAILROAD POLICE, and related M&E discussions.........

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#76398  by Ken W2KB

Ebay would be even more interested. The statement is an Ebay requirement for doing business, and obvously was violated.
 #76490  by Pull Man

The Morristown & Erie Police Department has initiated the appropriate action with e-bay. As most posters on this forum know, the M&E Police is a relatively new agency. The badges utilized by the M&E PD do not resemble the item listed on e-bay. In the 105 year history of the railroad there has only been one police chief and he is currently serving in his position. Although the badge appears to be manufactured by a legitimate badge maker, it is NOT a badge that was authorized or utilized by the Morristown & Erie Railway at any time throughout its history and is therefore not authentic as advertized.

A.R. Siebold; Special Agent, Morristown & Erie Railway Police

#76515  by Ken W2KB

The photo on Ebay did look like a newly manufactured badge. Not too difficult to get a stock security guard badge blank engraved as one sees fit, I suppose. Fraud, one might say, in the offer of sale. :wink:
 #76567  by Sandy Burton

The bogus police badge is no longer available on e-bay. "Invalid Item", so it says.

Sandy
 #76622  by Pull Man

Our thanks to the alert forum poster who discovered the illegitimate badge of e-bay. In today's post 9/11 world, badges and patches in the wrong hands are a security concern. We appreciate your help.

#76821  by Ken W2KB

That, and frustrating the individual who would have foisted off the conterfeit badge to some unwitting collector.

#445710  by GOLDEN-ARM

Breathing new life, into TrainLawyers previous topic, on the M&E eBay police badge, and cop car interests............ :-D

#445839  by Sid Farkus

Anyone have pics of ME's pd car that could be used for decals??? Thanks

#448814  by Otto Vondrak

#449042  by Sid Farkus

No, I need upclose pics so I can make out what is on the car.

#449870  by GOLDEN-ARM

I thought I saw TerryC's handprints, on the hood.......... :P

#457990  by rustynswrail

Ken W2KB wrote:That, and frustrating the individual who would have foisted off the conterfeit badge to some unwitting collector.
I recently acquired a M&E Railroad Police Special Agent badge. Not sure of its authenticity, I sent an email and image of the badge to the M&E Chief of Police, Chief Greiner, who kindly verified it.

I must say, a welcome and enlightened attitude. And one to be commended, especially in this day and age of suspicion and doubt.

I am an Australian railway law enforcement officer, so there is no danger of it being used for unlwful purposes, just in case anyone was wondering.

R