Railroad Forums 

• Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1853  by ToledoTerminalRy

WOW! Is this place a dream or what! My first time here was just this past weekend and I loved every minute of it. The whole area is nothing but everything having to do with trains(restraunts, motels, stores galore, excursion rides, museum, and toys!) :D I will be going back this summer... you cant get enough!

Ryan

#3671  by Trainheartedguy

Its been a while, but I will be returning up there this summer as well. I agree, its a great trip to take.

#3862  by Schuylkill Valley

The Railroad Museum across the street is the Railroad museum of the Pennsylvania , the museum is not connected to Strasburg railroad , though they do help out each other at times .

Len.

#3876  by Hostler

I was there a few years ago., glad they finally got the expansion built. If you are lucky, you might find the yard open, depends if enough volunteers show up. When I was there, it was open, and you can walk around freely but stay off the equipment. There are a number of things to do, you have the Choo Choo Barn down the street with a large layout. I believe there is a hobby shop next to it. If you look up the Strasberg RR line you will see the Red Caboose Motel. Go to the Road it is on go past to the Toy Train Museum, definitely worth a visit. If you have time on a Friday or Saturday, go down Rt 30 to the Rough & Tumble museum in Kinzers. The large grounds houses many Steam Tractors, early gas and oil engine farm and construction equipment even an old steam driven water pump with a hugh flywheel. The have various old type equipment here. If your lucky, like I was, someone was steaming up a tractor and was running it around.