Railroad Forums 

• Railroad Micor Channel Elements

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#444279  by clearblock

Is there anybody out there that maintains railroad radios that has a stock of Motorola Micor K1005 elements for AAR frequencies available?

I am working on a project for a railroad museum and wondered if anybody has the frequencies I need in their pull-outs or old stock at a reasonable price before I spend the big bucks to send elements out to be recrystalled.

I need the following K1005 RX elements:

161.400 (2 required)
160.800 (1 each)

#449912  by kitn1mcc

you can get them repacked

also there is a way to use the old micor control head to control a maxtrac

#450149  by clearblock

kitn1mcc wrote:you can get them repacked

also there is a way to use the old micor control head to control a maxtrac
I know I can get them "repacked" but like I said in my post "before I spend the big bucks to send elements out to be recrystalled" I thought someone probably has kept their old elements as they phased out their MICORS and might have some or all of the frequencies I need and would be glad to get a few dollars for them.

I got a quote of $50 each and 3 weeks delivery from ICM to rebuild elements.

I used to be able to get elements for $25 in a few days from CEH but they are out of business.

The other alternative is I can order crystals and rebuild the elements myself but that involves the hassel of gettting the element apart and back together without wrecking it and the possibility of getting a crystal that won't zero on frequency in my element. I have done this in the past with mixed success when there was no alternative.

My project involves existing MICOR radios so substituting new radios is not an option.

#469252  by Will

I have access to a bunch of MICOR Channel elements on RR freqs. If you are still in need, I can get a list together.

There are some GE Master II elements also.

#471083  by clearblock

Yes I am still looking. I sent you a PM.
Thanks.

#473870  by Will

clearblock,

I answered the PM with the info to contact.

Back to fixing Spectras......
 #751351  by wa8lgm

NOt only do ZI have a bunch of old micor elements, but I have a shitload of old Micors sitting in one of our museum's storerooms. If you are interested, you can call me. Ask for John @ 440-734-3961. I would be glad as all get out to let you have as many of them as you want, if you're willing to pay the shipping or come here to get them. --- John