Railroad Forums 

• RailRoad ATCS Monitor of Remote CTC Track circuits

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#595321  by ScreenGrid

Hello everyone I'm new to this fourms. but what a Great on to stumble apon last night, Great job to the Powers That Bee ;)

Ok lets get to a few things that I have been fooling around with for the past Two Years. I have not seen anyone talking about RailRoad ATCS/ARES Monitoring of Remote CTC Track circuits.
Just think, your out in the field Train spotting with your VHF scanner and Nikon Camera and log book as always, but how about having your Laptop with you and Tracking that On Coming Next Photo shot via the Remot CTC SIGNALS sent out over the air via radio. Yep the Exact same Model Board as the Dispatcher sees. you can see them Set traffic direction, set up Routes, or take sections of tracks OS when the work orders are in effect, and of course Keep track of that train you been trying to get a shot of. ;)
Below are a few screen shots of the Roads I like to listen in on the scanner And See Whats going on, on my computer at the same time: Ohh yeh I did not say anything about the OTHER program I have running to Stream Those Roads that I am Not near. :) Yes any questions on That Subject. I can answer in another post. It is kind of cool to here the Australian RailRoads, and at the same time watching them make train movements in there yards All the way on the other side of this big Blue Ball we call Earth :)

LINKS for the software: http://www.atcsmonwiki.org/bin/view from this one link you will find a wealth of knowledge based information including the Step by step on Just what files to install first during the Installation Process. You will Need to become a Member of the Yahoo Groups and be aproved before they will allow you to view any of the information and downloads. It only took a little less than 10 hours. for me to be aproved. And as stated. some of you will have a Little trouble on the install. It is worth the small headach. But once you get used to to running it and adding other items it Expand the program your going to find it very easy to program and run.
Have fun and by all means Ask if your having problems finding or running things. I can't help those running Vista. I still use XP.

CSX Baltimore Terminal:

CSX AV desk:

BNSF San Bernardino div. And Amtrak/Metrolink Orange Sub:

BNSF Twin Cities div.