Railroad Forums 

• railjet

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#573568  by railfilm

The brand new Austrian train called railjet is on roll out. The train consist of 6 cars and the control car pushed or pulled by the Taurus locomotive.
The train has 3 classes - economy - first and premium.

The train is planned for the services on the line Budapest (Hungary) - Vienna (Austria) - Munnich (Germany).

The train is designed and built by Siemens Transportation System will reach the maximum speed of 230 km/h. The final launch is planned for the end of 2008.
 #573706  by railfilm

Of course not.

In the region where almost all main lines are under warie (catenary) nobody will develop a high speed gas turbine locomotive.

Anyway the train has a classic construction i.e. 7 cars and the locomotive, so it would be easy to replace any locomotive.
 #573710  by george matthews

railfilm wrote:The brand new Austrian train called railjet is on roll out. The train consist of 6 cars and the control car pushed or pulled by the Taurus locomotive.
The train has 3 classes - economy - first and premium.

The train is planned for the services on the line Budapest (Hungary) - Vienna (Austria) - Munnich (Germany).

The train is designed and built by Siemens Transportation System will reach the maximum speed of 230 km/h. The final launch is planned for the end of 2008.
I travelled on that route soon after the wall came down, on a conventional train with compartments. That is, I went from Budapest to Wien. From there I took the Wiener Walzer to Rotterdam.

A faster train would reduce the cross border journey almost to a commuter route. Of course now that both countries are in Schengen there is no longer any delay at the border.