Railroad Forums 

• Railfanning El Paso

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#257447  by simtech06

Hi, I will be in Ft Bliss TX next week for about 8 days and was wondering if anyone knew were i can go see some trains in the afternoon when i get off work

thank you

alex
 #257837  by cnw6922

simtech06 wrote:Hi, I will be in Ft Bliss TX next week for about 8 days and was wondering if anyone knew were i can go see some trains in the afternoon when i get off work

thank you

alex
Downtown right along the river are the yards. West along 1-10 is the old SP Rio Grade river crossing and the old ATSF line into El Paso. Should be quite a few freights on the UP as this is where the Sunset route and the old Cotton Rock lines join up. A word of caution, though. This area is not the best to be running around in without taking a good look at what and who is around you no matter where you are.
 #267323  by simtech06

Hi:

Thank you very much for the imformation, Im back home and like you said the area around the bridges is great for trains, I saw a few trains in that general area as well as accidently stumbling across the Southwestern RR in Hurley NM while wondering around aimlessly

thank you for your help

alex
 #267347  by simtech06

Hi:

Thank you very much for the imformation, Im back home and like you said the area around the bridges is great for trains, I saw a few trains in that general area as well as accidently stumbling across the Southwestern RR in Hurley NM while wondering around aimlessly

thank you for your help

alex