Railroad Forums 

• Railfan hotspots in Wyoming through I-80 (Pics)

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#326911  by UPRR engineer

Glad you like them, need to get on some other jobs here where i have more free time to wander off. Finding some different places to set the camera down for some good night shots would help out alot to. Need some different angles here. Set the camera on my lunch bucket to get the side shot of my power at the pit, maybe i should do more like that.
------------------------

Anyone have any requests, besides the contractors old motors? I need to try to get some pictures of the guys working.

#327335  by UPRR engineer

Finally a daylight job (sort of), get a picture of a plant switcher.

Train details LDR08 30 Engines UP 009100 | UP 004867
Scheduled Scheduled departure | GRERIVER, WY | WX817 | 11/30/06 16:45M | 000 loads | 000 empty | 00000 tons | 00144 feet
No Arrival GRERIVER, WY | WX817

#327863  by UPRR engineer

My Local 8 power on the old derrick track.

Westend RCL goat on Short 8.
Last edited by UPRR engineer on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#327865  by UPRR engineer

Inside the UP 9100

Inside the UP 4867

#327866  by UPRR engineer

At Kanda making a pick up.

#327872  by UPRR engineer

Chevron plants switch engine. Most of the time they park it right next to us before we pull out, last night they just kept shoving. Almost didnt get that one.
Last edited by UPRR engineer on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#327883  by UPRR engineer

Parked on the GR pit.

Set of power on the North Store.

Havent saw an SD 40 on the point of something that wasnt a work train in a long time.

The westend of the yard.

Right to left: Wash tracks, five locomotive tracks to and including the one just to the left of the light tower, switch lead, short 8 where the westend goat parks, then four mainline tracks.
 #328026  by Komachi

Studio Audience: "Oooooooooooh, Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!"

Seriously, though. Nice shots, well done.

(Que cheesy game show music as announcer says...) "And now it's time for twenty (well, not quite 20) questions..."

What's with the plastic bags hooked on the armrests? Garbage recepticles or seat covers? Were you doing the Dew or would you prefer we call you Mellow Yellow? Have you really seen him? and what is that plastic wrapped thing on top of the 9100's control stand? A piece of equipment or lunch?

Inquiring minds want to know.
 #329111  by UPRR engineer

Those bags on the chairs are for trash, Mountain Dew in a Maverik cup, and a first aid kit dude. Before AC power and the "super computers", the old pace setter boxes use to mount on the bracket that the first aid kit sits on.

#332489  by UPRR engineer

Thats the building where the insides of hopper cars are washed.

The round house office north and east of the wash building. It use to be the store house. Our sand tower is also in a few of the pictures.

MOW high-rail truck running up the west end lead to get off the tracks.

Dont know whats stored in that shack.

Car repair shed in the back ground.

Green River depot.

A look at Bryan from Solvays lower yard.

Cars ahead...

Cars behind.... When we build a train for the northwest at Solvay we have to get on the other end of the yard and shove the train out on the mainline before taking to Granger and tying it down. Most of the time (like today) we have to hook onto a rail and foot-board them around till we get out train built. We eather cut them off on the branch ahead of us or pull them back into the rail we leave out of.

Shoved up to the derail waiting to get permission to shove out.

The westend of the yard as were leaving.

Kinda hard to see where the old roadbed is at the west end of Bryan. Theres a little cut in there between those dirt mounds.

Getting everything lined back after the shove to head to Granger.

On Peru hill at wx821 west of Green River waiting our turn to get into town on a train we dog caught after we tied ours down.