Railroad Forums 

• Rail Trafic Controller aptitude test

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1421862  by moshubv

Hi.
I'm a train conductor for CP and in a couple of days I've been asked to go for an aptitude test for RTC. The company would not give any information what will be in the test except "basic math".
So if anybody can help me with any kind of information regarding the test will be much appreciated.
Thanks
 #1422053  by RailroadGirl16

Hi,

Saw that you private messaged me. Sorry I haven't gotten back until now. I understand what it's like being in your shoes. I tried long and hard to search for information, but I unfortunately didn't come up with anything. It'll be my pleasure to help you out though. There really isn't any way you can study for the test. It's more so puzzles, certain drills where you'll hear noises in one side of your ear and then will have to multitask and decipher what is going on in your other ear. It is more problem solving based. It's not like long division will help you. If you have some railroad experience and are able to multitask, you shouldn't have a problem. If you need any additional help, let me know.

Good luck!
 #1422103  by moshubv

RailroadGirl16 wrote:Hi,

Saw that you private messaged me. Sorry I haven't gotten back until now. I understand what it's like being in your shoes. I tried long and hard to search for information, but I unfortunately didn't come up with anything. It'll be my pleasure to help you out though. There really isn't any way you can study for the test. It's more so puzzles, certain drills where you'll hear noises in one side of your ear and then will have to multitask and decipher what is going on in your other ear. It is more problem solving based. It's not like long division will help you. If you have some railroad experience and are able to multitask, you shouldn't have a problem. If you need any additional help, let me know.

Good luck!
Hi,
Thank you for take that time to answer my e-mail. I have the RTC test this Thursday and I've been trying to prepare my self for it, by doing some basic math problems and some puzzle games on Lumosity's website.
Other that this I really had no idea what else to do.
As for the railway industry I still have a lot to learn, I've been working for CP Rail as a train conductor since 2014 as such i need all the help I can get.
So again thank you for any information you give me.

All the best