Railroad Forums 

• Rail service to Calverton?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1001898  by Ðauntless

Is this spur going to die another slow and painful death or are they actually gonna start getting cars? It does not look like Metro is even close to being ready to.
 #1001902  by tahawus84

funny I just drove by there a half hour ago and was gonna post the same question. Would have thought that eastern fence would have gotten something by now
 #1048289  by freightguy

In Tues 5/22 Newsday there was an article that Calverton 's 2 current costumers will receive railcars in the next 2 months. The town of Riverhead and NYA came to agreement on certain terms and conditions.

In todays Newsday 5/23 there is a small article about a new company " Grease Lightning" that has begun to ship tank cars out of Hicksville team to be turned into biodiesel.
 #1054937  by tahawus84

The end of the spur by metro has been extended. They removed the fence where it ended and extended it quite a bit to the woods. Look like they removed some trees and installed the bumper there. Probably extended it 15 or so car lengths more. Some pics i took with my phone.

#1094360  by jayrmli

The Riverhead Town Board would have no jurisdiction for "holding up rail service." Railroad service falls under jurisdiction of Federal laws.

Here's one reason you might not have seen any tank cars out there...apparently Metro Biofuels has filed for bankruptcy protection:

http://riverhead.patch.com/articles/met ... bankruptcy