Railroad Forums 

• "Train Spotting World"

• Tell us where you were and what you saw!
Tell us where you were and what you saw!

Moderator: David Benton

#362366  by Captain Sam

We'd be very interested in some sort of collaboration with members here. We're just in the pre-launch phase of Train Spotting World, and it seems to us that there is huge synergy with your site here.

Now we "look" like wikipedia, but there the similarity ends. We're free and easy and light and fun, or will be when you guys get started. At present we're populating the site with about 2,000 pages on rail just to give a place to start. That will take a few more days.

Ok, I know some guys may say "Spam" over this post., If so, then so be it, but we really do see that we could be a great extension of you, here, especially since it's a wiki and that means you can pretty much "own" it

I posted in this particular forum because we are about rail fans and pursuing a hobby. If I got it wrong, I'd like to apologise.

#362506  by David Benton

Well Captain Sam , your link doesnt appear to work at this stage .
since it doesnt , i can't see if your post is suitable for here or not . i will leave it here unless advised otherwise .
good luck with your venture .

#362507  by Captain Sam

That is odd. I just clicked it above in my post. http://train.spottingworld.com/ is up, live and running.

Thanks for letting me know, but apart from scratching my head I can't work out what is wrong.

#362509  by Captain Sam

That would be in the Atlantic tunnel?

#362637  by David Benton

Depends where you are , mor likely a pacific sattelite , they seem to go haywire alot , as my sattelite tv service seems to suffer !

#362639  by Captain Sam

I'm UK based, my co-founder of the site is in Germany. Ah satellite services can be such a pain. But apparentky there IS life on Mars

#362699  by David Benton

ah well , you should check ouy our worldwide forum (link in my moderator signature ) , where we often talk about british trains .

#362832  by Captain Sam

Now that I will :)