Railroad Forums 

• "Short Line"

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#72893  by NJTACL4608

I was on my way home about two or three months ago and I saw a frieght train on the ACL tracks??!! And I also saw two engines cross over the Atlantic City Express way!! Does anyone know about this?? Is this possibly the Short line? And..... Do the tracks in Pleasantville go to Philadelphia or Camden? If not were do they go?

#73107  by Jersey_Mike

Is this possibly the Short line?
The "Short Line" is the CNJ. Back in the day the CNJ advritised itself as The Short Line between New York and Atlantic City, which was correct as their line was shorter than either the PRR or Reading.
 #73181  by chuchubob

The Shore Fast Line, a trolley running between Atlantic City and Ocean City, was Monopoly's Short Line.

SRNJ is the short line running freight on NJT's ACL.

#73713  by Jersey_Mike

The Shore Fast Line, a trolley running between Atlantic City and Ocean City, was Monopoly's Short Line.
I believe that to be incorrect since buying "The Trail of the Blue Comet" at a chapter meeting. As soon as I read that the CNJ advritized itself as "The Short Line" I knew that that little trolley route was not the real deal.

#73780  by Jersey_Mike

The book is about the entire history of the CNJ Southern Division and I believe The Short Line campaign was pretty early on, between 1890 and 1910. CNJ AC service from New York has been around since the line. The CNJ was Reading influenced and the Reading was always one to try to put the screws to Big Brother PRR. It makes much more sense that the 4 railroads in Monopoly are actual railroads and not traction companies.

#73898  by David

Bob--Did they preserve that sign once it was uncovered?