Railroad Forums 

• "Restoring Rochester's Neighborhood Rail Lines"

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#58254  by rls62

I want to bring to your attention that the Irondequoit Historical Society is presenting "Connections to the Past, Bridges to the Future: Restoring Rochester's Neighborhood Rail Lines" on Thursday, Oct. 7, 7:30pm. Here is a linkto their website: http://www.ggw.org/~ihsociety/History/schedule.html
The program will be hosted by Christopher Burns and Richard Margolis. Richard Margolis is behind the effort to save the Hojack swing bridge at the mouth of the Genesee River.

#58273  by nessman

Oh man, will they give it up already.

#58339  by keeper1616

nessman wrote:Oh man, will they give it up already.
ditto - I think the best one was the trolley plan over the tracks in the Conkey Ave/Joseph Ave area which I saw about a year ago...Those tracks have been gone for at least a couple of years....not to say that I would ride the train through that part of town for fun anyway...

#59027  by Otto Vondrak

Let'e em talk, doesn't hurt any. It's always interesting to see ideas.

There were visible streetcar tracks in Rochester recently?

-otto-

#59144  by rls62

I didn't make the meeting. Did anyone go?

#59218  by nessman

Otto Vondrak wrote:There were visible streetcar tracks in Rochester recently?
Dunno if that's true, but if that were the case, you're looking at scrap metal at best. There's no way that they cuold ever be used again (years of road salt, milling, paving, etc...).

#59927  by roadster

On the Lake ave. construction project, they removed the pavement down to the old brick street base. There were some rails visible during this work this summer. I think it's been removed or repaved over again by now.