Railroad Forums 

• "Rails and Ties" movie

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#458972  by Jtgshu

Well, this should be interesting -

A very interesting angle on every RR'ers worst nightmare

http://railsandties.warnerbros.com/

#459186  by Conrail1990

That first part is disturbing.

#459297  by Metalrailz

Looks like a movie that will not stay in the theater that long.
JT I can agree that it is every railroaders worst nightmare. But would make it even worse if it was his neighbor that decided to commit suicide. That would be a one way ticket to the puzzle factory with your coloring book and crayons.

#459746  by CNJGeep

Ah, nothing like desktops on a cab unit to really ruin it...
Just kidding.
Seriously, I agree with the second post. That first part turned me right off of the movie.
But thanks for the heads up JT!

#461572  by uhaul

Holy @#$%^&*$(@#%!
Notice in the begining that the boy is holding a model of an ALCo RS2 or RS3 and it looks like it is in Guilford paint. The Chevy Corsica looks like my friends except there are no large blotches of peeling paint.
So a train derails on a curve if you dynamite I guess.
The locomotive in this new movie has a blue and silver nose and it is numbered 100. The locomotive from NSYNC's Bye Bye Bye which is visible 57 seconds into the video is orange and silver nosed, but is numbered 101.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JoJqID-wJY (May not start with Netscape)
Maybe this will bring back the sexyness in trains?

Go Red Sox

#462448  by morantscurve

I haven't seen the movie yet...don't know if I'll catch it in the theater or see it on DVD in a few months. However, I believe this movie will do at least two positive things:

1. Increase awareness of the dangers of at-grade road-rail crossings (perhaps more than OLS could do in a lifetime).

2. Remind people that there are real live human beings in the cab of every locomotive.

#462490  by Jtgshu

Believe it or not, putting a train into emergency can and sometimes does cause derailments, especially on curves.

#465776  by necnomad

Those locomotives appear to be the Filmore and Western in Filmore CA. I was just out that way a few weeks ago and saw those same locomotives parked on their nrew turntable. They are well known for their equipment being used in films.

#465800  by Otto Vondrak

uhaul. why are you watching NSYNC videos? You just ruined this whole thread now.

I just watched the trailer for Rails & Ties and now I feel dirty. Cab units. Dynamiting. Grade crossing accidents. Orphaned boy. Dying wife.

No thanks!!

-otto-

#500539  by Metalrailz

This movie didn't last too long in the theaters