This info is from a paper by Frank Tosh:
The North Beach Electric Ry. was incorporated 3/6/13 with a plan to run from Herring Bay to Galveston Ave. (now 1st St.), the southern boundary of North Chesapeake Beach. Later that year it received a franchise to extend to the CB station at Chesapeake Beach. There were also plans to extend north to the Calvert-Anne Arundel County line.
As built, however, the line extended only 1.25 miles, from the CB station to 3rd & Chesapeake Aves. in North Beach. The line opened 5/31/14 using an ex-WR&E single-truck open car and an ex-horsecar trailer, with power supplied by a small steam generator at the end of the line in North Beach.
Receivership came 9/30/18 and afterward the operation was abandoned. It was revived for the 1921 summer season using a Fordson tractor fitted with flanged wheels. This operation continued until 1923, when a bus operated by Chesapeake Beach Transit Co. took over. The Washington, Marlboro & Annapolis absorbed this company in 1930.
The tractor operation got a lot of publicity, including an article in theDecember 1921 issue of Popular Mechanics. The Ames Williams book on the CB (referred to elsewhere) has a photo on p. 139.