Railroad Forums 

• "in less porous soils, a pond always forms in a pocket"

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1207838  by Arborwayfan

This is a line I remember from a scenery book I loved as a kid in the 80s and lost along the line somewhere. Does anyone recognize it? I learned to make lumberjack-style tree stumps from this book, among other things. It would be, well, old now, but I'm curious if anyone has it to tell me the title and author so I could hunt around for it.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a collector post, but it is a book about scale model railroad scenery, and this seems like the most likely place to find someone who knows.