Railroad Forums 

• "Black Diamond" passenger car for sale.

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#516520  by scottychaos

Looks like NYSW is selling off every piece of passenger equipment they own..
one of the cars is LV 1551, the "Black Diamond", a parlor observation car from the 1939 edition of the Black Diamond Express. (she no longer has her solarium observation)

http://www.trains-trams-trolleys.com/home/NYSW/nysw.htm

Scot

#516525  by Lehighton_Man

What exact Car Scotty?
whats the NYSW number?
I see several cars, and have narrowed it down to few seeing that 1551 wasnt a lightweight stream-liner.
Thanks.
Sean

#516578  by GOLDEN-ARM

This was the office(s) for the RVRR until the end. We moved the car to the NYS&W around 1985-1986. From Little Ferry, Walter had it sent to Cooperstown, for his own private use. The Kenilworth shop had all of the original seats for this car, piled up in the far northwest corner of the shop, and they were there when the building was demolished. I was always going to snag a couple, but their size, weight and the fact there wasn't room in my apartment for them, made it impractical. They still had the original coverings on them, and even though the pedestals were getting rusty, overall, they were in decent shape. They were of the fold-over style, if my memory serves me correctly. Glossy brown pedestals and a very dark green fabric covering, almost like thick textured denim. A pair sure woulda been nice....... :(