Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#161823  by Adirondack_Ghost

In the past few weeks, I have been seeing more and more Norfolk & Southren and Canadian National locos going through Port Henry NY. What gives?
Anyone?

Ghost

#161854  by AmtrakFan

It is a trackage right agreement between NS and CN.

#161986  by Ken V

There are actually two separate agreements in effect here. One with CPR giving NS access to Montreal over the D&H in exchange for trackage rights to Chicago via Butler IN. The other is an older agreement with CN which gave CP access to Chicago on GTW tracks via the Sarnia-Port Huron tunnel in return for CN access to the eastern U.S..

#174636  by trainman111

In case anybody wants to know the CN/NS train numbers are 930(south) and 931(north). I have also heard rumors that CN is looking to add 4 more trains daily to our CP line. CSX is also looking into running their mainline traffic from the Massena line over to our line. I do know that CP is currently in the process of expanding 2 tunnels and 2 bridges. These are rumors but quite recently a special passenger train came through my village (Rouses Point). The engine was the D&H 7312, and it had 3 CN coaches on it. The passengers on the train were CSX officials. This is just a rumor but you never know, it might happen!