Railroad Forums 

• Questions about the forums: Chat and WAP

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#344328  by harryguy082589

1. I don't know if there is any interest or if its possible, but can there be chat rooms made? For group meetings and dicussions when we're all together?
2. Does anybody here check the forums from their cell phones? Would anyone else like\could there be a cell phone (WAP) interface?
 #344391  by CNJ

harryguy082589 wrote:1. I don't know if there is any interest or if its possible, but can there be chat rooms made? For group meetings and dicussions when we're all together?
2. Does anybody here check the forums from their cell phones? Would anyone else like\could there be a cell phone (WAP) interface?
As Otto is painfully aware :wink:, I'm a supporter for the creation of a live chat section.

How 'bout it Otto? Any hope for chat in 2007?

#344433  by Otto Vondrak

You know my opinion... there's always room for chat! On AIM, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, etc. etc...

The cell phone interface? Sounds like a question for Mike Roque.

-otto-

#344483  by gprimr1

I use my phone sometimes to check the forum but not often. The chat idea is really interesting too.

#344492  by powerpro69

You can use your cell phone to check the forum! WOW, who knew, what next??

I hate technology (and spelling) but a chatroom sounds like a good idea!!

#344669  by Otto Vondrak

We discussed chat here: http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23898

We're concentrating our resources on other features right now, and chat is not one of them.

-otto-

#344673  by harryguy082589

powerpro69 wrote:You can use your cell phone to check the forum! WOW, who knew, what next??

I hate technology (and spelling) but a chatroom sounds like a good idea!!
Well it gives me something to do on the train :-)

And set times for set subjects w/ AIM, Yahoo or anyone else would work, just coordinated by the moderators.

#344731  by powerpro69

Well it gives me something to do on the train
You mean when you're not grade indicating?

#345661  by GOLDEN-ARM

powerpro69 wrote:
Well it gives me something to do on the train
You mean when you're not grade indicating?
........... :-D