Railroad Forums 

• Question on Amtrak employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1425010  by Ace1731

almost 4 years ago when I was 21 I did something stupid and decided to drive while intoxicated and received a DUI. since then I have been squeaky and have since moved on with my life. For the past year and a half I have been attending a technical school. I have certificates in computer science and I am now taking classes in the transportation industry. I hope to one day soon work for Amtrak as a Conductor with hopes of someday becoming a Locomotive Engineer. Does anyone know if I stand a fighting chance?
 #1425057  by Railjunkie

The only place he dui would effect your chances would be zone 3 out of Albany. The Canadians do a pretty extensive back ground check and if something like this pops up your through going to Canada. Otherwise you as 8th notch says you have a chance
 #1425184  by DutchRailnut

When you do fill out paperwork or do your interview do NOT volunteer information not being asked for.
if it says for example 36 months do not report anything outside of period they ask for.'
if they ask for convictions, do not tell them about non convictions etc etc .
if they do ask about a specific event don't try to be ignorant, cause they already know .