Railroad Forums 

• Question about PL-1 (Plainville yard ops)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1342961  by CaptainAC12

Hi, I live in the area of Forestville and was interested in taking some pictures of it. I'm not a complete expert in trains but I do know the train is PL-1 and runs from Plainville to Waterbury along with the Firestone plant. I was curious if anyone has information about when it usually rolls through or even better a schedule.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Adam
 #1343413  by CVRA7

Can't help too much on this except to say that the crew report time must have changed recently as both EDPL and PLED (usually the same crew as PL1) have been operating later probably due to Amtrak closing the Hartford Line down roughly from 7:30am to 1:30pm (trains 56, 55 and 475 operate between 1:30pm and 5:15pm ) then closed again usually 5:30pm to 7:30pm but I have seen some freights running then. The Hartford Line closure is to enable work periods to be available for the major right of way and track installation work to have less interruption.
I will -Guess- that PL1 operations will generally be in the PM these days.
Hopefully someone in the Plainville area can help you a bit more than I can.
 #1343613  by bwparker1

CaptainAC12 wrote:Hi, I live in the area of Forestville and was interested in taking some pictures of it. I'm not a complete expert in trains but I do know the train is PL-1 and runs from Plainville to Waterbury along with the Firestone plant. I was curious if anyone has information about when it usually rolls through or even better a schedule.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Adam
You can get up to date information on EDPL/PLED and the locals via these two Yahoo Groups.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CTshortlines/info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Gui ... tings/info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;