Railroad Forums 

• Queen Anne County Railroad Society

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#757235  by PKelly

Here in Centreville, Md resulting from the abandonment of the Centreville Yard/old station...

In the current Bay Times Jan 6, 2010

I'll try to post the article...
Queen-Anne-County-Railroad-.jpg
Queen-Anne-Society-Railroad.jpg
 #757499  by hutton_switch

This appears to be a great start for a much-needed organization of rail historians on the Maryland Eastern Shore, even if its current focus is on Queen Anne County. Hopefully, its focus will expand and grow into a much-needed NRHS chapter for the Maryland Eastern Shore. The nearest NRHS chapters are at Wilmington, DE, and at various locations in the Virginia portion of the Eastern Shore. Is there any talk of forming an NRHS chapter for the Maryland portion of the Eastern Shore?
 #757783  by RockGp40

The article says "rode the rails," but what about the present tense for those of us who still work and ride QA county rails?
:-D

I was on them today working on MD&DE #1201. I feel so left out. :wink:
 #895762  by PKelly

Well, I guess it's like this...if you worked yesterday or recently then the past tense "rode" the rails would pertain to you. I'm in the wannabee category no doubt :(

The Queen Anne's County Railroad Society has a new website:

http://www.qarrs.org/
Last edited by PKelly on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #895782  by PKelly

hutton_switch wrote:This appears to be a great start for a much-needed organization of rail historians on the Maryland Eastern Shore, even if its current focus is on Queen Anne County. Hopefully, its focus will expand and grow into a much-needed NRHS chapter for the Maryland Eastern Shore. The nearest NRHS chapters are at Wilmington, DE, and at various locations in the Virginia portion of the Eastern Shore. Is there any talk of forming an NRHS chapter for the Maryland portion of the Eastern Shore?
Queen Anne's County railroad history entails a spiderweb of connections throughout the Delmarva Peninsula so hopefully it won't stop at the county line.