Railroad Forums 

• Private collection in Vermont? (Passumpsic Railroad)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1029622  by steamer69

Yea, that was cool to get everyone on SKYPE last night for a little chit chat. I enjoyed getting to chat with you all. We'll see what Jim wants to do, and how he wants to go about qualifying people. That's the thing with Passumpsic, when it comes down to it, the only person with the "official" say is Jim. I haven't talked to him in a few days, his whole family was down with the creeping crud that was going around up here. Not fun stuff. Put me on my backside for 4 days. I think that as long as people meet the critera, he'll be willing to let people work their way up.
 #1029947  by Trainlover479

I can tell Jim is a very nice man, and for him to allow us to go anywhere on the property is awesome. LOL if i become brakeman it will be fun to accually uncouple and couple real railroad equipment, instead of pretending on my HO layout...hahahaha!
 #1033031  by steamer69

Hey everyone,
We had a great day on the railroad today. Most of the work was centered around the plymouth, as she is getting some much needed. The radiator and all of the lies are out, we took out the Air Assist Cylander and I rebuilt it. It's going to be nice to not fight with the clutch as much as we have in the past. We had 6 people there working today, and are going to be taking the next week off for the holiday. After that it's back to the grind, and anyone is more than welcome to come and help.
 #1033631  by steamer69

Here is a picture of the Heisler, and a picture of the Plymouth. As was said above, we spent the day Sunday working on the Plymouth to do some much needed repairs to it. Enjoy!