Railroad Forums 

• Private collection in Vermont? (Passumpsic Railroad)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1017682  by steamer69

Anyone who can move 600lbs rail by hand should....lol. No you guys did real good. We need all the help we can get, and it's a good way to "earn" your war into the cab. Everyone has to do a little bit of everything. Track work, car work, operations....not enough of us for any of us to act "stuck up" about what we do. Know what I mean Vern? But yes, I hear you did real well. It was much appreciated. And as long as I don't get sick again, I hope to meet you up there again sometime soon.
 #1018007  by Trainlover479

Hahaha your welcome! I didnt care if it was 8 degrees, it was accually really fun doing the work. The 2 best thing about working up there is i technicly have access to all the equipment, lol i could look inside the cabs of more locomotives than i do in a year there, and i can learn the basics of railroad jobs, for instance if you guys need to shufle cars from the siding, i could learn how to be a brakeman. Also i could learn how to be a conductor or anything.
 #1018016  by steamer69

Yup...we will train you how to do some stuff. Remember though, it takes time to learn it all, and time to get into the seat. I know you're chompin at the bit to run a little. You'll get there. Sooner than you think.
 #1018342  by steamer69

Why drag yours all the way up there when there are all ready a few motor cars on the property? If you wana drag it all the way, more power to you....but I bet if you call Jim he might let you take one of the ones there out for a spin.....
 #1018391  by steamer69

Well, call Jim and knock youself out.
 #1018400  by steamer69

Or you could just drive up real quick, and pull one out of the barn....or ask Frenchy.....
 #1018401  by Trainlover479

We could ask when we come up, we were thinking of going up when the weather was a little warmer.....lol. I accually didnt mind the cold when we were moving the track and following kyle around. So is that demonstration of the 3 track switch to be done this sunday?
 #1018422  by steamer69

I highly doubt it. That switch won't be done for a while.
 #1028888  by steamer69

Well, it's been nice and warm up here....the permafrost is almost gone....and it's that magic time of year again. TRACK SEASON!!!!! Work days are Sundays, we have gotten a few new hands from posting on here. I would hope to get more. Anyone who is interested, please feel free to contact us here or via P.M. We are also on Facebook, and I would be more than happy to hook you up with our page. As always, any questions, please feel free to ask. And to our 4 new volunteers from rr.net. Thanks!
 #1029572  by Trainlover479

Hey Brett, now that i receved that email from kyle i can now see if i can eventually apply to be an assistant Brakeman or Conductor, and hopefully an assistant fireman as well, because i could learn more about working with steam without having to pay! LOL