Railroad Forums 

• Previous Pan Ams

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#277641  by Steve Duncan

If I remember correctly, Guilford painted a locomotive and a boxcar in pan am colors in 1999 or 2000. Am I right?

#277720  by b&m 1566

If they did at the time it certainly isn't around anymore. I haven't seen any engines painted in the new Pan Am for myself nor are there any pictures of it that I have seen. They may have had a box car or two but not an engine. Nobody on here as ever mentioned it. I would give it another year or two before we start to see some locomotives with the new Pan Am colors. I know the Pan Am's business cars have the new Pan Am loco on them but are still in the gray and orange paint scheme.

#277727  by Guilford Guy

you may have seen GRS locos aquired from D&E I dunno

#277951  by paulrail

Guilford did at least one, and maybe more, boxcars in white with blue lettering and the Pan Am logo back about 4 to 5 years ago. I believe there was a picture on the NERAIL Photo Archives.

Paul

#279204  by Rockingham Racer

There were quite a few Pan Am boxcars in Waterville yard last week.

#279599  by MEC407

They have never painted a Pan Am locomotive.

They did paint at least one, possibly more, Pan Am boxcars in the late '90s shortly after they acquired the Pan Am name.

#279602  by murray83

few months ago i noticed one of the first pan am box cars yer speaking of, mostly faded paint and rusty with lots of graffitti came into new brunswick on the nbsr in a line of older mec cars.

also if i remember right a firm in maine produced ho scale decals for these cars name escapes me rite now years back

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?20051 ... 213920.jpg

thats a photo of what i'm talking about seems the only car photographed was 29169 possibly only 1 was ever painted into this sceme?

as for locomotives none were ever painted far as i know