• MEC SW-1 007

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by BR4

Actually, it is a logical move by PAR. Waterville shops is a highly visible place to vendors and customers.
It would stand to reason that they would want to make a good showing of something assigned there
permanently.
  by MEC407

And yet there have been other pieces of equipment and rolling stock that have languished in Waterville for decades without seeing a drop of new paint.

So, I repeat, you just never know!
  by Guilford Guy9887

Sw-1 31 just went southbound through Biddeford at 545 pm. Anyone know why?
  by GP40MC1118

Sold to LTE, a dealer in Ohio. Should be lettered LTEX 31...The freight should be WAAY...

D
  by KSmitty

GP40MC1118 wrote:Sold to LTE, a dealer in Ohio. Should be lettered LTEX 31...The freight should be WAAY...

D
So they bought it only to sell it? I thought they wanted it for parts?

31 must have been the one that didn't just get repainted?
  by jaymac

Didn't get to see the 05-02-2011 WAAY myself, but according to some who did, the 31 didn't come into Ayer.
  by bmcdr

According to the "Guilford Rail Sightings" on Yahoo, the 31 is still in Lowell on the #1 Turnout in front of the old tower.
  by ElburnAl

FWIW

Switcher #31 rolled into E Deerfield this am, around 11:00, trailing 3 other units.
  by ElburnAl

FWIW

SW-1 #31 rolled out of East Dfld today, 5/4/11 @11:30 am going west on ED-4.
  by MEC407

KSmitty wrote:So they bought it only to sell it? I thought they wanted it for parts?
This is just speculation, but perhaps they removed all the parts that they deemed useful/usable, and are selling the remainder to LTE. It could be hollow inside at this point for all we know.

LTE seems to be pretty fond of EMD end-cab switchers. They've got quite the collection.
  by KSmitty

MEC407 wrote:LTE seems to be pretty fond of EMD end-cab switchers. They've got quite the collection.
Including GRS's prior "last 2" switchers.
  by Guilford Guy9887

Did they number the Sw-1?
  by thebigham

^Not yet.
  by MEC407

It's been several months; just wondering if anyone knows what number and reporting marks they ended up giving to the SW-1.