• Digitrax PR1 Decoder Programmer

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Kevin MacDowell

Does anyone have the scoop on the Digitrax PR1 decoder programmer? Every place I've been (train shops and online) does not have this item in stock and they have no idea when Digitrax will deliver the updated/redesigned version? I contacted Digitrax via email... the customer service contact has no ETA on the new version...

I wonder what they are planning? I sure would like to hook my laptop up to manage my decoders!
  by GOLDEN-ARM

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE TRIED, BUT TIM, AT EMPIRE NORTHERN MODELS USUALLY HAS IT ALL, IN STOCK. GIVE HIM A SHOT. REGARDS, DAVE

by mp15ac

According to Tony's Train Xchange, digitrax has discontinued the PR1 decoder programmer. They are supposed to come out with a new setup later this year.

Stuart