• Anybody need pantographs?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by SlowFreight

"Fortunately" I don't really need these for anything, but I stumbled across a supplier of HO scale pantographs in many varieties, and I'm sure there's a commuter modeler out there who can make good use of 'em:

http://www.vitrains.it/en/categoria/acc ... pantograph

I found a hobby shop in Paris that stocks these, Trains Miniatures 21, Bd. du Temple 75003. They kinda sorta speak English depending on who's in, so if you can't find them anywhere else, it's a place to order. They're as gorgeous in person as in the photos, and VI Trains is specifically selling them separately--they're not just a catalog spare part!
  by green_elite_cab

Do you know the dimensions of some of them? At least one of those bases looks compatible with the Metroliners and Silverliner models, thought it lacks the webbing on other models. A lot of the European pantographs are too "short", even when they are the supposed full size.

http://www.vitrains.it/en/content/6072-am-11-sncf
  by ApproachMedium

Chris they are too short because in Europe their catenary is never as high as ours. American wire is much higher to permit the passing of high freight trains that do not exist in europe.